Wednesday 3 September 2014

Duck Soup!

Dear Diary,

Yesterday, I had my weekly house visit from my GP. His name is Dr Walsh and he's the best GP I could ever ask for. This time he renewed my scripts, checked my swollen ankle (and arranged a scan for it for today just in case) and agreed to write a medical certificate so I can get a refund from Jetstar for my failed attempt to travel to QLD previously. His demeanor is also so warm and helpful and Mum and I are just so happy that he's my doctor.

After that, Jessy came over to visit and bought half a cooked duck and some noodles and bok choy and Mum, Jessy and I, all enjoyed a duck noodle soup for lunch and it was delicious!

I hope this new scan on my ankle doesn't interfere too much with our shopping outing today but knowing Jenny and how easy she makes things, I'm pretty confident that today will be another successful outing for us. :)

Love
Adam

10 comments:

  1. Sounds delicious! I hope you still get to go out shopping today! A digital radio is just the best. I much prefer radio to just sit back and listen to. I saw a good slow cooking recipe book the other day so I might send it to you so you have some recipe inspiration :) Loving your posts!! Can't for more xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, shopping went well yesterday (stay tuned for details)! Jessy doesn't really use cookbooks but if you ever see something really yummy online, please send the link. :) Better yet, maybe you could try cooking it first and let me know how it turns out! :P xoxo

      Delete
  2. Delicious! Jessy sounds like a good cook! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's awesome! She just imagines it and cooks it - no recipes needed! I heard you're a good cook too Emma. :) xoxo

      Delete
  3. That soup sounds so good! I've never tried it, I'm gonna give it a go! Janine xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Duck soup is delicious! Most good Chinese restaurants should serve it. :)

      Delete
  4. Loving your blog. Love to find out what people do in their day. When people ask me what I've done I always say nothing cos I can never think of anything. But we love reading yours :) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Janine! I bet you do more than you realize each day. Keeping a private or pubic journal can be a great way to appreciate that. I'd read your journal if you made a pubic one. :)

      Delete
  5. yum, yum !!!! thanx Jen for sharing the link - loving your blog Adam and feeling even more connected to you than before !!! i have some duck in the freezer and midnight yesterday i simmered a water buffalo leg for 5 hours !! my mother-in-law came to Cairo with them -- she has animals etc cos she lives in the country - she never comes to Cairo so it is a big deal - Ali loves what she makes and we have some bread too that she did - will have to try Jessy's soup - all our love to the A Team xxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Michelle! Wow, that sounds like some really exotic foods to have access to! Enjoy! :)

      Love
      Adam

      Delete